International Conference on Emerging Zoonotic Diseases
After the great success of the conference on brucellosis in 2006 in Ioannina, Greece, this year the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) will arrange the international conference on emerging zoonotic diseases in Cairo, Egypt. The venue will be the Sheraton Hotel. The meeting will cover the following topics:
- Dengue Fever
- Echinococcosis / Fascioliasis / Leishmaniasis / Leptospirosis
- Foodborne Zoonoses
- Respiratory Viral Diseases
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever
- Biosafety/Biosecurity in Zoonotic Diesases
Summer School on Anti-Infective Pharmacology
The Italian Society of Chemotherapy in conjunction with the ISC and FESCI has organised this summer school.
No tuition fee is required for attendees and the total cost for accommodation is 400 Euros per person covering dinner, bed and breakfast for 6 days. The school is organized in one week courses dedicated to postgraduate and continuing medical education. The school is situated in the old restored building providing an appropriate setting for high intellectual endeavour. The building called Palazzo Feltrinelli (http://www.palazzofeltrinelli.it/ ) is located in Gargnano on the lake of Garda –Italy.
Programme topics include
- Introduction into PK/PD of anti-infectives
- Models of Infection: In vitro vs. in vivo
- Tissue pharmacokinetic
- Appropriate dosing of antiifective drug
- pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling
- PK/PD in special population
- Dosing and emergence of resistance
Participants are expected to be knowledgeable in basic pharmacokinetics and in antiinfective therapy, but speakers will provide appropriate explanation and education on all the new concepts which have been be presented. Ample time will be given for in-depth discussion.